Creating strings indicators in Notation Software
Creating string indicators in music helps to let the musician note where to play the note. We COULD hand write it after printing but to keep it clean and reduce more writing its easy to just add it in the program. Here are two approaches- one link is for Finale. The other describe here is for Musescore.
1. As soon as you open a new score look to the left side in the palette window. If you cannot see it, on the top navigation bar select view > then palettes.
2. In the palette view section look to the very bottom where it says basic.
3. Click on the basic bar and change it to advance.
4. You can see the Palette options now have expanded
5. Select Fingering
Here you can see the string indicators (numbers in the circles).
6. To assign string indicators first make sure you are out of input mode by selecting the not input mode off.
7. Select the note you want to assign the string indicator to with your cursor
8. From the palette window with the fingering section open, drag and Drop the desired string indicator on the selected note. Repeat process.